Right Hand = All of Christianity (Seven Stars)Posted: May 20, 2018
” I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.” Hosea 12:10
Christ’s parables do not create false analogies. They are true to such an extent that they can be deeply meditated upon and considered in exact detail and will remain completely authentic.
In Revelation chapters 2 and 3 the Christian church is presented as 7 stars on candlesticks shining from Christ’s right hand. The prophetic vision named real churches in 7 Anatolian cities, but they must be representative of the entire Christian church since they are the only ones in Christ’s right hand.
Hence Church history and the churches match the analogy of a right hand. Therefore by studying the concept of a right hand carefully even the details will match – and so we can appreciate more of the truth of what Jesus was describing.
The fingers of a hand do resemble candlestick holders, but there are not 7 fingers, only 5.
Likewise, in the description of the 7 churches, 2 of them are not on candlesticks – the first one and the last one. First Christ says of Ephesus he “will remove thy candlestick out of his place” (Rev 2.5) and last to Laodicea he says “I will spue thee out of my mouth” (Rev 3.16).
So the location of five of the stars is on fingers, but these two stars have to be put elsewhere: the wrist and palm.
Now consider how features of the locations of the hand will be analogous to the descriptions of the various churches:
- Ephesus – The First Church: It’s moved to the wrist because that is where the hand starts, it is where Christ’s nail-print was, and hence the first early church is here. The witness of the church in Christianity’s home of Palestine and Syria was likewise moved away by Islam. The wrist is very strong, the entire hand relies upon it, just as we all rely upon the real Apostolic church of the first century that gave us the Bible. The wrist is at the base of the hand with no raised finger on it, so Ephesus is described as hating the lying false apostles, which is called the sin of the Nicolaitans, those who exalt themselves as religious lords over the laity.
- Smyrna – The Persecuted Church: matches the Pinky finger. It’s the
smallest and weakest part of the hand, adds almost no strength to the grip, and it is most susceptible to injury. Likewise the Persecuted church was weak and crushed by the world. But a pinky-ring is an ostentatious sign of great wealth, and likewise this church is promised riches and a crown. Smyrna is the bitter perfume of incense, corresponding to suffering. Hence the anointing oil sprinkled in Leviticus 14 is done by the “right finger”- the right-most finger which is the pinky.
” And the priest shall dip his right finger in the oil that is in his left hand, and shall sprinkle of the oil with his finger seven times before the LORD:” Leviticus 14:16
- Pergamos – Orthodox Church: The church starts to “marry” the world after Constantine makes Christianity the state religion. This finger is the ring finger for wedding rings. Constantinople is the heart of Eastern Orthodoxy that this stage stands for. The finger is much taller than the pinky finger – and so this church is rebuked for having Nicolaitans, the false “apostolic” claimants who raise themselves up as grand religious leaders. As the fingers of a workman or farmer can be expected to get dirty doing the job, so this church is dirty. It’s accused of ensnaring the Christians into condemnation (by asceticism and legalism), sacrificing to idols (by Orthodox icons, Mary-worship, Eucharistic re-sacrifce) and fornication (by forbidding marriage by monks and bishops).
- Thyatira – Roman Catholicism: The middle finger is the highest finger, perhaps strongest of the 4 fingers, is in the middle of the hand, but with a tip that extends so far it is subject to injury. Likewise, the Roman church has become the most influential church, sits in the middle between Orthodoxy and the Protestant denominations, and has the highest Nicolaitan, the Pope, who will eventually be the antichrist and get smashed. This finger works hard but shares the dirty deeds of the Orthodox in idols and fornication (even more persons forbidden to marry, including nuns, priests, and divorced persons). Pointing with the middle finger is improper because of the infamous obscene gesture (symbolizing the “peter” of slang terminology) – and so corresponds to the rebuke for its evils including Mariolatry, for which it is doomed to get a thrashing during the tribulation. Yet it afterwards has a promise to reign with a rod of iron, and is indeed the central and highest finger.
- Sardis – Lutheran/Reformed/Anglican. The true pointing or index finger represents Protestantism, and likewise we arrive at the Church that points out with intelligence the correct doctrines that the Reformation restored. It’s nearly as strong as the middle finger, and so withstood and thrived despite the ravages of Rome’s persecutions. Yet it likewise is dirty in doing the work – and so mainline Protestantism has become today an unrepentant and filthy mess. It’s also raised up in height, but is lower than both the ring and middle fingers, showing that it’s leadership has somewhat less of a Nicolaitan problem. This finger acts together with the thumb in holding the pen for writing, and so it was the joint effort of the Anglicans and the Puritans (next) to produce the King James Bible.
- Philadelphia – Puritans/Bible Churches/Baptists: The thumb is stronger than the fingers, but lower than any of them, and it actually opposes them (to grasp). So the Bible-churches have been in opposition to all the the other churches, rebuking them for their errors. When a man holds a Bible up in his hand before his face, the thumb is the digit he looks and sees holding it. The King James Bible has been held by these churches. As we appreciate our thumb, so this church is the best church, holding God’s word, productive, and without rebuke. It’s positioned away from the fingers so not exposed to the same dangers or dirt – and likewise this church is promised to be saved from the tribulation. “Thumbs up/down” is the rendering of judgment by Caesar – and this church has the victory over the Synagogue of Satan.
- Laodicea – modernistic apostate mega-churches. Christ says he spews out this church so its location is on the hand where one would spit, which would be in the middle of the hand, in the palm. The palm has no finger, and modern churches have the complete opposite of Nicolatians, they have ultra casual “Pastor Joe” types that look and act almost like bums. The palm is where coins and goods are held, and so this church is very wealthy and hoarding. The palm connects all the fingers, is in the very middle, and doesn’t oppose any of them. So Christ says they are neither hot nor cold, like the apostate ecumenical movement that has infected all the churches today.
The thumb and pinky are on either side of the hand and there are similarities between these churches in that both mention the Synagogue of Satan, both are without rebuke.
The wrist and end of the middle finger are both in the middle position yet opposites – and so the first church had the actual apostles and opposed the Nicolatian false apostles, while the Roman church became the worst example of this sin with the pope. Between them two is the palm – the Laodicean extreme without leadership and everyone doing whatever they feel like.
This study of the right hand shows that there are many fascinating corollaries between the design of the human hand and the history of Christianity as foretold by Jesus Christ in his letters to the 7 churches.
In closing, this study suggests that there are even more insights to be gained by the indication that the phrase “right hand” in the Bible is often code for the Church. The phrase appears in over 160 verses so there is a lot worthy of further consideration.
” Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:” Amos 5:8