Fall of RomePosted: February 1, 2018
Somebody summarized these as the reasons Edward Gibbon gave in his book explaining the decline and fall of the Roman Empire:
• The undermining of the dignity and
sanctity of the home.
• Higher and higher taxes and the spending
of public money for free bread and circuses for
• The building of gigantic armaments, when
the real enemy is within.
• The decay of religion – faith fading into
mere form, losing touch with life, and becoming
impotent to warm and guide the people.
• The immigration of hordes of foreigners
who feel no loyalty to the government.