A mysterious outbreak of a painful and extremely itchy rash over the last couple of months – that turned out to be scabies – was an intense opportunity to reflect on important principles of life and healing, and here are some of those thoughts:
- What did I do to deserve this? Maybe my sin is involved? was God trying to get my attention? These are important questions to ask. Perhaps I was not listening to the Holy Spirit closely and this affliction was intended for me to rack my brain thinking deeply about how I may have offended the LORD. I did that. I inventored everything about my life and meditated on whether I have faults that caused offence. If nothing big and compelling comes to mind, think about whether the problem gives a clue to what problem is. In this case, I thought about several upsetting scenarios. Was the infestation of microscopic mites in my skin a sign that it’s not one big thing, but just many little things have added up to become a big irritation to God? Small sins are easy to ignore – we get used to our own little pecadillos. We shouldn’t. Was it God’s way of signalling to me that I had become callus? The ease with which we are forgiven by Christ and his infinate mercy is not suppose to taken for granted. I stirred up anew serious remorse and heart-sorrow over all my sins – and found new, deep appreciation for Christ’s grace. While trying to alleviate the intense itching in the burning hot shower and pitied myself for pain I realized that I was like the damned in hell and pitied their miserable souls – God have mercy on me, in pain I realized I have been unsympathetic about the lost souls headed for eternity in hell. As I kept thinking I imagined perhaps the mites were akin to evil spirits using my bad habbits and fleshly attitudes as hooks and footholds for attacking my joy – like so many Liliputians trying down Gulliver with their ropes while he slumbered. The horror of that thought filled with the urge to awake with zeal and throw aside all besetting sins and every hindering weight. Also as I looked at my own skin, I saw my enemy right there, and held my own flesh in contempt, and it made me miserable, and so I pondered the foolisness of vanity and the deciet of human beauty. Eternal life is what matters. I also realized just to be free from pain is a great occassion for rejoicing, and that that was something that I had failed to appreciate when I was well. I mulled over these and many other like thoughts. I can’t say if any of these things were the reason for why God allowed me to get sick with scabies, but I rejoiced to humble myself and deal with each of them in turn. I got the victory in my suffering. Affliction is a great opportunity to think very hard about one’s spiritual condition and get fully back on track.
- I forgot, what does the Bible say about healing? Yah, I hadn’t thought about that in long time. Suddenly it became an urgent matter to go back to the Book and read whatever I could on healing. I searched for “heal” and “healing” and such words and jotted down a page a list of passages from Luke 4:18 to Revelation 22:2, then I scanned the list to distill principles. I saw seven things: 1. There is healing because Jesus is annointed to heal and the cross is our healing; 2. come to Jesus, listen to the word, be touched by Jesus, have faith; 3. draw neigh to the kingdom of God, be converted, know your need, be poor of spirit; 4. reject uncleanness and sin; rebuke unclean spirits, take authority; don’t let the devil vex you; no evil spirits – win the spiritual warfare by Jesus’ name and shed blood, and ask for the Holy Spirit to come and bring deliverance; 5. God has a timing, a “certain day”, healing could be easy or something wildly onorthodox and unexpected; wait and eat right; there are natural remedies; 6. Get other Christians interceding! laid hands; oil; prayer; forgive others and be at peace; 7. receive and hold the “virtue” (power); let it happen; in the name of Jesus – for his glory.
- Don’t accuse God, God is good, he doesn’t have to explain himself. He gave me affliction, so I chose affliction (Job 36:21). “Take me home If you want me home Lord, I would not live always.” Thank him profusely for the past time of health, and thank him for the current time of suffering because – in faith – it will work out for the best: “For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.” Hebrews 12:10. Keyword: MERCY. “God have mercy, Christ have mercy!” God has already shown mercy – thank you LORD! for he afflicted me less than what I deserve – now may God be super-abundant in mercy and end the trial and testing. Never act entitled and demanding. Never “bargain” for healing: two problems with that, first off, realize you have nothing worthwhile to give God; secondly, even if you did, how would God glorify his great name if he “sold” you a healing in exchange for your bargain? You’ve insulted God actually. Repent. Promise nothing, only ask for mercy. Everything belongs to God, and we live because he remembers us for Christ’s sake and shines his face of blessing on us and we live – or else we just die and return to him. Glory to God. God be praised. Christ be glorified. Surrender to him, come what may.
- Read the psalms. The pslamist complains to God about his misery and I adopt his words as my prayer, saying amen and amen.
1. O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2 For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5 My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12 They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15 For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19 But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20 They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
21 Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
Many things together pointing to the rapture approaching very soon. Too many to list. If you are paying attention you see them.
Scabies are microscopic body lice that burrow into human skin causing both bites and severe itching – particularly at night. These insects also cause an allergic reaction that triggers skin tenderness and an hive-like rash and welts that mimic other skin disorders, like shingles.
Most rashes go away by themselves, but not scabies: the infestation of body lice will continue to worsen for a long time, hence its nickname, the seven-year-itch.
BEWARE! Many internet sites irresponsibly hawk a lot of “holistic remedies” and “natural treatments” to cure scabies. Be-forewarned, these gimmicky over-the-counter solutions do not work!
- aloe vera
- anise seed oil
- calamine lotion
- cayenne pepper
- clove oil
- coconut oil
- colloidal metals
- evening primrose oil
- hydrogen peroxide
- lavender oil
- nail polish
- neem oil/leaves
- rosemary oil
- rubbing alcohol
- sulphur soap
- tea tree oil
- tiger balm
Some of these remedies are based on old wives tales and others from anecdotal articles appearing in obscure “research” journals that claim instances when some of these substances may have worked. Such claims are unreliable and very easily faked by wholesalers to boost the market demand for their products.
After many weeks of itchy pain, I finally figured out that my rash was caused by scabies, and then I wasted another entire week attempting to cure it with these worthless home remedies – it was a pathetic situation.
Learn from my mistake: Don’t mess around with scabies, it is a serious insect infestation in your skin and it requires serious treatment with real proven insecticides.
If you don’t want to go visit a doctor to obtain a prescription, you can inexpensively get the very safe and mild insecticide called “permethrin” over-the-counter at any pet store in the form of a flea and tick treatment for dogs. (Double-check that any other listed active ingredients are also safe for humans. Also, note that permethrin will kill cats so beware touching a cat after treatment.)
Simply mix the ointment with a lotion to dilute it down to 10% strength and then apply it to your entire body. You’ll begin to experience immediate huge relief as most of the lice die off right away.
Repeat the application all over 3 or 4 days later and really rub it into any remaining red spots to kill the remaining larva and eggs under the skin. That ended the night time itching for me.
Vacuum your house and car and heat your regular clothes and bedding on “high” in the dryer for at least 30 min to kill any lice remaining in them. You don’t need to disinfect everything because body-lice naturally die after going 3-days without a human host (however some females lice – the most dangerous kind – have been found to live longer outside the body in places that are very moist and cool.)
Additional treatments of insecticide ointment might be necessary in another week or two to kill any straggler lice that emerge later.
Here is an online cure-yourself scabies guide that I found very useful:
He includes advice on obtaining ivermectin, a mild oral insecticide that is used to treat horses and is also very safe for humans. I ordered that (the apple flavour wasn’t so bad) and got some 25% Benzyle Benzoate lotion for follow up treatments.
Don’t play games with your health: serious problems require serious solutions!
= = =
DISCLAIMER: This blog-post recounts personal experiences that may not apply to others. The information does not come from a licensed physician, has not been approved by the government, and does not constitute medical advice, or instructions to cure any disease. For “authentic” medical advice talk to your doctor.
Jim Fetzer’s analysis:
Do these men look sixteen years apart to you?
Celebrity Alec Baldwin was born April 3, 1958 and in few days will turn 59 years old. Alex Jones of Infowars was allegedly born on February 11, 1974 and so is only 43 years old. Why do they look the same age ??
The “late” Bill Hicks, Alex Jones’ comic predecessor at Sacred Cow Productions, was born December 16, 1961 and would presently be 56 years old. Bill Hicks would only be 3.75 years younger than Alex Baldwin.
What’s the obvious explanation for this age discrepancy?
Obviously the “Alex Jones” person is massively lying about his true age – he is actually Bill Hicks who was born in 1961.
Proof here: Alex Jones is really Bill Hicks!
This passage was removed because representatives of Georgia and South Carolina wanted to continue importing slaves.
Nevertheless, the passage reveals the fact that one of the main complaints sparking the American Revolution was England allowing Negroes to commit crime and murder against the White colonists.
It was “Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite” (Esther 3:1) who came up with the scheme to kill all the Jews in Persia: he was not a Persian, he was an Amalakite.
“Agagite” indicates that he descends from the family of King Agag who was preserved alive by Saul at the time he slew all the Amalekites:
“ And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword. But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.” 1 Samuel 15:8-9
Saul’s refusal to kill Agag resulted in the prophet Samuel announcing that God rejected Saul as king. Samuel himself slew Agag shortly thereafter (1 Sam. 15:33), nevertheless this the re-appearance of this Haman the “Agagite” centuries later indicates that descendants from King Agag’s family survived as Amalekites (e.g., 1 Sam. 27:8).
Remarkably, the prophet Balaam had prophesied long in advance with the very name of this notable Amalekite:
” He shall pour the water out of his buckets, and his seed shall be in many waters, and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted. God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows… And when he looked on Amalek, he took up his parable, and said, Amalek was the first of the nations; but his latter end shall be that he perish for ever.” Numbers 24:7-8, 20.
The Amalekites were a tribal group descended from one of Esau’s sons and a Horite concubine (Gen. 36:12). (The background of the Horites of Mt Seir is a mystery – they are perhaps related to the giants?). The Amalekites attacked the stragglers when Israel came up out of Egypt and for that reason have been cursed with an eternal edict of total destruction:
“ Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt; How he met thee by the way, and smote the hindmost of thee, even all that were feeble behind thee, when thou wast faint and weary; and he feared not God. Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.” Deuteronomy 25:17-19 (cf. Ex. 17:16)
So it is Haman who embodies that real historic enemy of the Jews, the Amalekites. As for the Persians, they rejected Haman’s genocidal plot against the Jews, and they had him and all his sons hanged on the gallows (Esther 7:10).
Ironically, after Saul’s failure to kill Agag, he himself was killed by the hand of an Amalekite (2 Samuel 1:13).
It is also interesting how the story of Saul connect to the story of Esther through Kish, Saul’s father, who was the great-grandfather of Mordecai:
” Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite;” Esther 2:5
Mordecai adopted his niece Esther as his own daughter:
“ And he brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle’s daughter: for she had neither father nor mother, and the maid was fair and beautiful; whom Mordecai, when her father and mother were dead, took for his own daughter.” Esther 2:7
So the Jew Mordecai was a great-nephew of King Saul, and Esther was his niece (and also related to King Saul). Esther become Mordecai’s daughter by adoption and this later Benjamite duo were then used by God to defeat the schemes of Haman, the descendant of Agag who Saul had left alive.
This all shows that God’s commands are perfect, and we should obey them perfectly to the letter right when we have the opportunity – else if we do not, we will suffer the consequences; Yet regardless of those men castaway for their disobedience, God will revisit his people and work through faithful men to fulfil his promises:
“ For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14
Now the Christian people in their nations are through the Lord Jesus Christ rightful heirs to claim the promises of God assured to obedient Israel in the Old Testament.
“ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” Ephesians 2:11-22.
Eventually a surviving remnant of Israel will return once again to obedience to Christ and will be forgiven and saved and dwell secure in their ancient homeland. But today Israel rejects Christ and is acting very foolish to stir up fights against surrounding nations like Iran. Yes, Iran will be invaded and defeated in World War 3, but that will bring a very deceptive “peace and safety” that will be shattered by Great Tribulation and Israel’s own crucifixion.