I will explain my understanding of what I believe to be the correct Bible chronology for the end times, but first let me suggest some reasons for the current wave of anti-rapture hysteria that is going around.
Some Reasons for the Anti-Rapture Trend.
1. Saints have waited a very long time, been disappointed by many false date-setters, and many are beginning to lose hope in the rapture.
2. The devil discredits the rapture so no revival happens afterwards, and he wants Christians today to remain carnally-minded.
3. Biblical ignorance abounds. When segments of the popular prophetic narrative that is promoted by the Christian celebrities is found to be incorrect or incomplete, some rashly reject everything that is being taught.
One can confront these problems by remaining hopeful, staying right with God, and carefully studying the Bible (King James Version).
The Popular Pre-Trib View and Problems With it.
The popular view is that immediately after a surprise rapture begins a 7 year tribulation period, the last 3.5 years of which are the most catastrophic; and there is a single world-governing antagonist, ‘the Antichrist,’ who is accompanied by a false-prophet.
This explanation is mostly correct, but it is incomplete and inaccurate. It leaves us with many confusing holes and contradictions that cause doubt.
Such as -
1. Why did Jesus teach a post-tribulation rapture ‘after the tribulation of those days’ in Matthew 24:29? and also in Mark 13:13,27? and also in Matthew 13:30?
2. Why is the tribulation 7 years long if Jesus said it begins with an ‘abomination’ in the Jewish Temple (Matthew 24:15; Mark 13:14)? After that there are only 3.5 years left (Daniel 12:11).
3. It will likely take several years to build a new Jewish Temple. Expecting the rapture before building has even begun seems unlikely.
4. 1 Corinthians 15:52 (cf. 1 Thess. 4:16) says the rapture happens ‘at the last trump’ and apparently the seventh angel sounds his trumpet in Revelation 10:7 (and 11:15) during the tribulation.
5. If there is a pre-trib rapture, why is the ‘first resurrection’ occurring after the tribulation in Revelation 20:4?
There are many other questions and disputes on how to reconcile verses about ‘in the clouds’? vs ‘with clouds’?, the ‘last day’?, the ‘day of the Lord’?, and the ‘day of Christ’?, anticipation/imminence?, secret vs open?, etc etc.
Correct Understanding of End-Times Events.
Any model that causes the scriptures to contradict is incorrect. the Holy Scriptures are never irreconcilable – they are complementary.
A single rapture, a seven year tribulation, and a single antichrist fail to account for the totality of the prophetic scriptures in the Bible.
Rather than trying to force all the scriptures to teach some presumed truth, Bible believers ought to accept everything as true and revise their teachings to match what the scriptures actually say.
The answer that solves the puzzle is quite simple: there are multiple raptures, a longer tribulation, and multiple antichrists.
1. Raptures are going to happen before the tribulation, during the tribulation, at the end of the tribulation, and after the tribulation.
2. The ending tribulation period is probably going to total 14 years, both of them divided into two 3.5 year segments. There will be 7 years of great plenty, followed by 7 years of Jacob’s trouble. The last half of the 7 years of great plenty will be World War 3. The last half of the 7 years of Jacob’s trouble will be the Great Tribulation and World War 4.
3. There will be four major antichrists. They are the 4 horsemen of Rev 6 and correspond to the them of the divisions of the number 4 found throughout the scriptures. These are like the four corners of a pyramid with the devil, number 5, at the pinnacle.
(end part 1. Scriptural support to follow.)
= = =